UMCOR Hygiene Kits – Project for the 2018 Annual Conference.
Hygiene Kit Value: $12.00 per kit
Hygiene Kit Materials
- 1 Hand towel
15 x25 inches to 17 x 27 inches
Kitchen, cleaning, and microfiber towels not acceptable
- 1 Washcloth
- 1 Toothbrush
Adult size only (Do not remove from original packaging)
- 6 Adhesive bandages
Common household Band-aids (¾ inch to 1 inch-size)
- 1 Bath-size soap
3 oz. and larger sizes only (No Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content)
Do not remove from original packaging
- 1 Comb
Comb needs to be sturdy and longer than 6 inches long
No pocket combs or picks, please
Rattail combs and combs without handle are acceptable with a minimum of 6 inches of teeth
- 1 Metal nail file or nail clippers
No emery boards, please
- 1 plastic bag
- One-gallon size sealable bag only
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
Set the $1.00 for toothpaste aside to be included in a separate envelope. Lay out the hand towel flat on a table. Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel. Place all remaining items on top of the washcloth. Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items. Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items. Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly. Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items as they will be considered used.
- Please remove all packaging, unless otherwise specified above.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Due to the fact that strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the request items-NOTHING MORE.
- DO NOT include any personal notes, money, or additional material in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- UMCOR is now purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits before shipping to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent. Do not put single dollar bills in each kit. Collect all monies for toothpaste and shipping place it in a separate envelope and send along with the kit donations.
Packing and Shipping Kits Instructions
- Box weight: Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete 2 packing lists: One for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need.